Monday, May 12, 2008

In "The Vortex" with BenJive


JIVE Welcomes you inside the vortex
You have entered, “the Vortex.“ Welcome… You may not know how or why that you have arrived here at this present moment, but know for sure, “the Vortex” has found you…

Vortex :
A rapid rotatory movement of cosmic matter about a center, regarded as accounting for the origin or phenomena of bodies or systems of bodies in space; something regarded as a place or
situation drawing into its powerful current everything that surrounds it…

In the beginning when I first joined the Thunderkatz, I would speak frequently to them about, “the Vortex.” They would look at me like, “this jive turkey is crazy!” “The Vortex “ would generally find me while I was trying to get to practice, recording in the studio, or just walking down the street. There were some points that it got really bad. I would hear my band mates whisper under their breath, “Yo, Jive has really got a problem, this fool ain’t got no sense of direction!” I would hear them cackle and laugh as they pointed blind fingers at me not knowing all the while that my ears were open. It was all good though in the Land of Jive. Sometimes you have to forgive those that know not what they do…

This forum is a place where time and space no longer coexist in the realm of thinking that our 3 dimensional linear minds are accustomed to. Thank God, because it really bores me. This is our space to share each of our own experiences while inside, “the Vortex,” and discuss how we made it out or how we turned it into a party and made “the Vortex” work for us!


No comments: